Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you if you click through and make a purchase. Regardless, I only link to products we use or believe in.
Website: Amazon Com
Owners: Lodge Manufacturing Company
Overall Rank: 9.5
Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set Overview
Lodge Manufacturing Company is an American company that manufactures cast iron cookware based in South Pittsburg, Tennessee. Founded in 1896 by Joseph Lodge.
Lodge Manufacturing is one of America’s oldest cookware companies that is still in continuous operation. It continues to be owned and managed by the descendants of the Lodge family.
Lodge cast iron cookware set comes already preseasoned so they are ready to use. The cookware is seasoned with vegetable oil. They can be used every day for every meal and they only get better with use.
Lodge cast iron cookware is in compliance with all FDA inspection and third-party source inspection for the lead. They go through rigid in house inspection and are also tested for durability.
This set includes: one 10.5-inch griddle, one 8-inch skillet, one 10.25-inch skillet, one 5-quart dutch oven, and one cast iron cover that fits both the 10.25-inch skillet and the 5-quart dutch oven
The Good and the Bad
- Easy daily care
- Holds heat keeps food warm
- No harmful chemicals
- No special cooking utensils needed
- Can be used on the stove top, oven, barbeque grill, or campfire
- Holds heat can burn you if handle touched without a mitt
- Cannot be put in the dishwasher
- Needs periodic re-seasoning
- No Warranty
Who is the Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set For:
I am from the Southern US and here a cast iron skillet is a necessity. We fry chicken and make cornbread in an iron skillet. We take them camping and use them on the barbeque grill.
When someone gets married we give them one or a set for a wedding present. I own four in different sizes.
I learned how to use them from my grandmother and my mom. It is the knowledge that recipes come with “put it in the iron skillet and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes” and that is how many recipes was taught to me from my grandma.
This cookware is perfect for anyone who loves to cook. From the stove to the grill or the campfire and don’t forget you can put these in the oven too.
Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set Tips
I wanted to give you some general information about Cast Iron. Here are my tips:
- When caring for cast iron you can use a little mild dish soap with a nylon bristle brush. Some people swear you can’t wash iron pans but that is just simply not true. You can’t put them in a dishwasher but if you wash them as I said they will be fine.
- Dry pans on the stove immediately after washing. You don’t need to use a towel just put them on the stove and let the water evaporate out then wipe them with oil on the inside with a paper towel or clean rag. Be careful you can burn yourself
- Remember that iron pans hold heat longer than other pans use mitts to move pans off burner or stove.
- You must put oil in them every time you wash them.
- To season them rub oil or lard all over inside and out including handle and iron lid. Place on aluminum foil in the oven upside down and turn the oven on 350 to 400 degrees for 1 hour. Turn oven off and let cool in the oven before removing.
Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set Support
While Lodge cookware does not have a warranty the cookware has stood the test of time, and have built a reputation for being reputable cookware and the company has proved itself as well.
You may contact the Lodge Manufacturing company at:
Address: 220 East 3rd St, South Pittsburg, TN 37380
Phone : (423) 837-5919. Hours of operation are 8 AM to 6 PM Monday through Saturday and 9 AM to 5 PM on Sunday.
Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set Pricing
The price of this cookware is worth the money for a set that will last a lifetime. With all the great qualities this cookware stands for itself and will pay for itself within the first year of use. I also think the price is great for all the cookware you get in the Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set.
My final review of The Lodge Cast Iron Cookware Set
Lodge has been around since the 1800s, my grandma had a set of this cookware and they are still around and being used. I see Lodge cast Iron cookware in thrift stores and garage sales and estate sales. They have stood the test of time and are almost indestructible.
I wanted to know if anything could leach out into my food and I found that iron can. Well most of us don’t get enough iron in our diet anyway. My doctor told me that using an iron skillet to cook my food was a way to boost the much-needed iron in my blood.
If you have a soy allergy you may want to re-season the pan, but as far as anything getting into your food it’s not a chemical like Teflon. It is good old fashion oil or lard whichever you decided to season them with.
I know I can cook with them every day. I have and proved it with my own lodge set.
Product Name at a Glance
Owner: Lodge Manufacturer
Overall Rank: 9 1/2 out of 10
Have you ever used this cookware? Please leave a comment and tell me what you think.
For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.
~ Proverbs8:11 KJV2000